Saturday, June 16, 2012

social, só que não.

Aconteceu hoje. Escrevi em inglês e não estou com vontade de traduzir.


"So I was buying some new furniture (computer desk) at a store close-by. I was sitting to check if there would be enough room for my legs under the desk because I'm tall. Suddenly, my dad walks by the front of the store, looks inside and sees me. After a couple of minutes of us talking to the clerk, we left.

Hours later, he's venting some shit (I don't mind) and he started talking about his mom (she died before I was born, over 25 years ago). He says she told him once that he always looked so serious and never smiled. He then mentioned I was doing the same today. Yes, he notices I have fun with my friends but that's about it. Why wouldn't I smile and 'be nice' more often?


I... just can't see why. Why would I be nice to strangers? I mean, smiling and being super friendly? Why? Especially clerks, they are just doing their job and I just want to buy shit, why should we make it pleasant or fun?"


É.